Are you suffering from a skin condition that you need help with?
A facial skin condition can really impact your confidence, whether it is acne, acne scars, dryness, spots or redness. Many people try to find solutions and products without understanding the cause of the skin condition or problem and this can then imbalance your skin and make the problem worse, or you can spend a lot of money without any improvements. A lot of beauty salons offer facials which may give improvements in the short term, however, they don’t get to the root cause of the issue and help your skin naturally repair itself. At HL Cosmetics in Bristol, we offer a free and friendly consultation and we will assess your skin, talk to you about what is causing your skin condition and problems along with the treatment options and products which will be specific to you and help your skins natural rejuvenation process.
Dr Natalya Quandt is a practising Cosmetologist who has worked in the Beauty Industry for more than 15 years. A cosmetologist is trained and certified to provide hair, skin and nail services to customers and is qualified to understand the skin, its layers, problems, results and how it naturally repairs itself, often with help from certain skin treatments and products.Dr Quandt is a skin condition expert and offers skin care treatments and products and has been providing non-surgical skin treatments to thousands of customers in the UK for many years, improving how they look and feel.
It is good to read reviews and get a feel for other customers experiences when you are looking for an expert in the skin and skin care. HL Cosmetics customers reviews are outstanding and you will really get a feel of what improvements can be made and you can see by reading them. You can read some of the reviews below and can find more here.
HL Cosmetic Testimonials
Dr Quandt has helped me to improve my acne prone skin by providing a number of skin specific treatments which transformed my face by reducing my spots and visibility of scars, all whilst providing a relaxed and atmosphere with calming music. I recommend Natalya to anyone suffering from any kind of acne or even anyone wanting healthy looking skin. Martyn
Doctor Natalya Quandt has been treating my skin and wrinkles for over a year now. I have tried other skin care therapists but none of them was anywhere near as good as her. She is excellent at her job and I would have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone. Jo
Natalya approaches all the treatments I’ve received with expertise and kindness, I can’t recommend her highly enough. The results of each treatment are clearly visible to others and I’m receiving compliments about my skin for the first time ever! Carrie
I met Dr Natalya at a beauty salon where I was having laser therapy for my acne. The lasers weren’t working, or only a little, and I was spending hundreds of pounds. Initially, my mother went to see Natalya because my mum had dark blemishes on her face. Natalya managed to completely remove these marks despite us being told by previous therapists that there was nothing that could be done. My mother then recommended Natalya to me, and I began seeing her regularly. She uses Holyland cosmetics and natural skin peels to rejuvenate my skin, these cost much less than the lasers! I see her about once a month for her to clean and peel my skin and I use the Holyland products at home. Now my skin is gradually improving. Whenever I look at photographs from a year or less ago I am amazed at the difference in my skin and before my face was permanently red where it was so inflamed, now I look white because my skin is calm and healthy. Annie
My son was going to start in sixth form in his secondary school and was very conscious about his face. He had severe acne and scaring and wouldn’t leave the house. We had tried many products from shops and chemists, but none of them had worked for him. Then we came across Holy Land cosmetic products at Dr Quandt’s clinic. I would recommend this to anyone as this product actually works, just after a few weeks we had immediately seen a difference. The scaring has gone and the acne has now all gone thanks to the products of Holy Land cosmetics. It’s now like my son has a new lease of life and is making the most of every opportunity and is now confident enough to socialise with people. Sara
The skin is the outer covering of the body and it is the largest organ of the body, totalling on average 20 square feet. Our skin plays such an important part of our bodies natural immunity and protects us from microbes and the elements, as well as preventing excess water loss, keeping us warm, regulating our temperature and giving us sensation from touch. Damaged skin will sometimes try to heal by forming scar tissue and this can result in discoloured or pigmentated skin patches. Our skin also protects our muscles, bones, ligaments and internal organs.
Skin pigmentation and type varies amongst us all and skin types can range from dry, oily or combination skin. Our skin can be impacted by stress, tiredness, medication, the weather, air conditioning and can often represent our mood and our physical state.
Our Skin has three layers:
- The epidermis is the outermost layer of our skin which provides a waterproof barrier and creates our skin tone
- The dermis is the layer beneath the epidermis, it contains our tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands
- The deeper subcutaneous tissue (hypodermis) is made up of fat and connective tissue
Our skin’s colour is created by special cells called melanocytes, which produce the pigment melanin. Melanocytes are located in the epidermis and our skin will often produce excess melanin which results in hyperpigmentation or skin discolouration.
Problem Skin Conditions
- Rash – Any change in the skin’s appearance can be called a rash. Most rashes are caused by skin irritation but others can be a result of certain medical conditions
- Dermatitis is a general term for inflammation of the skin. Atopic dermatitis (a type of eczema) is the most common form and your skin needs to be able to naturally heal itself with a little help from treatments and products
- Eczema is skin inflammation (dermatitis) causing an itchy, red rash and it is often caused by an overactive immune system
- Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that can cause a variety of skin rashes. Silver, scaly plaques on the skin are the most common form
- Acne is the most common skin condition which affects over 85% of people at some time in life
- Cellulitis is inflammation of the dermis and subcutaneous tissues and is usually due to an infection. A red, warm, often painful skin rash is generally a result of Cellulitis
- Skin abscess (boil or furuncle) is when a localized skin infection creates a collection of pus under the skin. Some abscesses need to be opened and drained by a doctor in order for it to improve
- Rosacea is a chronic skin condition causing a red rash on the face. Rosacea may look like acne and is poorly understood
- Pigmentation is when the skin produces excess melanin, resulting in dark coloured patches. Melanin is a pigment that gives our skin its colour and it’s produced by skin cells called melanocytes. Several different conditions or factors can alter the production of melanin in the body, including sun damage, medication, hormonal changes and skin damage
- Hives are raised, red, itchy patches on the skin that arise suddenly. Hives are usually a result of an allergic reaction
- Viral exanthem are viral infections causing a red rash affecting large areas of the skin which is especially common in children
This is not an exhaustive list of skin conditions or problems and there are many more. At HL Cosmetics we always advise you go to a specialist skin consultant for them to asses your skin as there are so many skin conditions that are misdiagnosed and the incorrect treatments and products applied, resulting in no improvements or the skin condition reacting or becoming worse. A lot of doctors will offer antibiotics for skin problems but always be aware these may reduce the problem in the short term but won’t help the skin naturally repair in the longer term so the problem will often return.
Free, friendly and confidential consultations are available with Dr Quandt and she will listen to your concerns and offer you an appropriate treatment plan. She will talk you through the skin layers, the problems you are experiencing and how the HL Cosmetic treatments and products will help as well as any associated risks. If you would like to arrange a consultation you can contact Dr Quandt directly on 07557 237480 to arrange your appointment convenient to you.